View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Well, I have to agree with Harry on this one. If you are afraid to take the plunge don't be. This market is similar to the laptop/computer market and there will always be better/cheaper/more-powerful ones around the corner.

Furthermore, I would note that even the 'bad readers' are preferable to no readers. For example, I was an early purchaser of the Cybook Gen III and I am not a supporter of the unit while HarryT really likes it. Even though it would not be my first choice, I agree that it is better than the old pda I used to have, and it is certainly better than nothing. My dislike is more of a subjective choice of the Gen III versus the competition and I certainly agree that you are better off purchasing a Gen II than sitting on the sidelines.

So, the best choice is in the eye of the particular buyer, but the time is right to jump in. From the $199 Sony & Astak readers to the full featured Irex units at $859 there are a wide range of units and many choices available.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote