View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 10:04 AM   #5
Marty_B
Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
Hi Marty

While the link you gave states that your App is x86 and x64 capable I do not see it in the Store when browsing with Windows 8 PCs. Perhaps the App is RT only, in which case it will not be served; I do not have any RT devices so I cannot search with those.

For Windows 8 (not Windows RT) there are quite a number of integrated library manager/readers Modern Apps in the Store. As well as Microsoft's own offering (which is installed by default with Windows 8) and the Kindle and Kobo ones, there are many others. Freda is one that looks very interesting, but I have not tried many of the others.

I also like the Modern Apps and they look nice for reading but as a Calibre user I have no interest in the readers that manage their own libraries or no library at all. So if yours does do x86 & x64 (and from your link it looks as if it has some reading ability as well as the Calibre integration) I would be interested in working out why I cannot see it in the store in order to give it a try. Otherwise, if it is RT only, perhaps you could be encouraged to do a Windows 8 version .

As you are likely aware, RT has been struggling a lot in the market (as far as I know, now abandoned by all manufacturers except for Microsoft/Nokia itself, all others now just doing Windows 8 for tabs).

Whatever, you are to be congratulated for having a go.

John
Thank you for bringing that to my intention. I can guarantee you that it does show up and install on x64 and x86 on this end (I am running it myself on all three). I should note that due to the use of some components in it, it is an 8.1 app and will not show up for any machine running 8.0. Let me know if that happens to be the case.

In terms of reading ability, I should note that it has no integrated reader. It will launch books using the associated app on your machine.
Marty_B is offline   Reply With Quote