View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #550
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoorakhan View Post
I saw it and spent some time on this method but i failed to match books about 30-40 % of the time (all unmatched books were by multiple authors so it is possible I may be using the plugin incorrectly)
I think you need to use the name of the Author in which the Book is stored - which is normally the first author.

I must admit I've not used a catalogue csv as the starting point for an Import List process - I've mainly used those that I've create from the format file names that I glean from Windows Search.

When I saw Man Eating Duck's solution I assumed it would be much better and more direct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoorakhan View Post
Since I have the calculated values, I was wondering if my some chance I could copy only the values (kinda like copying a cell with formula to another cell with paste ->values only in MS Excel) and delete the original column wherein the values were calculated.
I think you should be able to do that with Bulk Metadata Edit->Search and Replace

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-08-2013 at 02:57 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote