Thread: Tablet upgrade tablet to HD?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Well, I went ahead and got one so I could try it out in person. At first, I was ready to box it back up and return it. The plastic edge is kind of sharp and also cheapo looking. But I spent a good long time reading on it yesterday and it's growing on me. It is so light. I'm willing to forgive the plastic-ness as I know this helps with the weight. The screen resolution is awesome.

One of the features I didn't know about was Article View on the browser. That is really nice. I do a lot of reading of the NYT and Wired Magazine online and having that Article View is really nice. The downside is that, with this resolution screen, I don't automatically get kicked in to the mobile versions of sites, and, in fact, on Wired.com I don't seem to be able to access the mobile version at all.

The UI is quite nice. I like that brightness adjustment is just one touch away. And the homescreen with carousel of latest apps / books is nice (as is the recently access apps / books tray.)

Overall, I think it might just be a keeper after all. I haven't watched Netflix on it yet, but with this screen, I can only imagine it will be great.

The biggest selling point to me has been the weight. The HD, when held on its own, is the same weight as my Glowlight in its cover. I wish I'd gotten in on that Staples deal, but I wasn't really thinking about it at the time. Oh well. For me, it still worth the price and I think I will really enjoy this latest gadget
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote