Thread: DIY - KeK
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #228
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Build it and they will come

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
...just how badly do you need a better dev-system image?.
Not even slightly.

This is simply a diversion from learning qt5. The video said it would take about 6 weeks to get a project to completion including learning the language.
So think of this as 6 weeks and 2 days

I just wanted to poke around in the emulator, I said I would.

I chose what I did because these things are the underlying precursors for so many apps that future users will UNDOUBTEDLY ask about. Might as well be me now as them later.

Apologies for breaking it quite so much but I figure that was the heart of what you were after and a little more miles on the device

If I had my way we would be looking to port all 30 odd thousand bloody apps like the Rasbian guys Okay Okay I know that's silly but a few thousand apps on the clock would be a crap load easier with some proper tools.

That's all, I'm thinking out loud what would be a least resistance route to getting the most from Emu. Jeebers I referred to it in the 3rd person, I'll be dropping the impersonal pronoun next.

What's that Emu? You need more Tea? Yes Emu. Got to go my evil master beckons, oh wait no this isn't HP-UX. Phew.

Ultimately if I can stir up some interest, heck even a few posts around the subject of the emulator, via; stupid Bird humour; breaking stuff in various amusing ways; showing how little unix one can get by with and still survive; generally posting my thoughts and experiences; then my work is done.

Build it and they will come. but possibly very quietly.

Last edited by twobob; 08-10-2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: added why I chose what I did
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote