View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
When i really want to have the best end result i
1) use Nitro Pro for cropping all the headers (chapter names) and footers (page numbers). I just discovered a free utility called Briss, that seems to be even better.
2) then i use ABBY FineReader software to perform conversion to Word/RTF.
3) after that i try to get the text as good as possibe in Word and save it as filtered HTML
4) then i import that HTML into Calibre that creates a ZIP compressed html file
5) lastly i convert that ZIP file into mobi (using Calibre)

Sometimes i edit ZIP HTML and repeat #5 a couple of times to get really perfect result.

The process is almost identical to the one described above. The real difference is the use of OCR software (ABBY Finereader) and my HTML knowledge.

Last edited by Starko; 01-24-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote