View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 04:32 AM   #216
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
A person, who goes by Dougie Quick on Amazon, has left me a scathing review with only 2 stars. I will reprint his entire review below but first I would like to invite discussion about whether “it is unbiblical to charge money” for “digital copies of the KJV [I guess any translation for that matter] Bible.” On another note, there are hundreds of free KJV Bibles available on the Internet, including on Mobileread. Also, if you can’t afford the OSNOVA edition of the Bible but would really like it for your Kindle, please send me an email and I will send you a copy for free.

====
Review by Dougie Quick on Amazon:

I just can not warm up to the idea of someone making money on digital copies of the KJV Bible. It is unbiblical to charge money although I see nothing wrong with asking for donations to help in ongoing improvements. For years and years the Online Bible for your computer has been totally free to download with folks constantly tweaking and improving things just for the love of getting it out to folks. The Bible is not just another book if you want to make money pick some other books, not the Bible. It would be better there were NONE available yet than to charge because that would encourage all sorts of folk with the proper mindset to leap into action. As it stands I would not doubt for a second that there are roadblocks to folks desirous to get free open source editions of the KJV Bible onto Kindle as well as the other readers. Again the Bible is NOT anything like all the other books, the arguments that seem right fair for other literature simply do NOT apply with the Scriptures! By all means ask for donations if money is needed but for your own sake even do not think to make your living in bringing the Bible to your fellow man! I am not accusing any individual(s) specifically, I guess what I am saying is this looks bad so far, what is going on? Has anyone tried to simply adapt the online Bible to Kindle? How hard can it be?
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote