View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #72
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I guess the problem I've always had with page numbering in a fiction ebook is that if I'm so bored by the story that I feel compelled to discover just how far I've read and how far it is to the next chapter - then that's a good sign the story isn't worth the read.

There are far too many GOOD novels out there which suck me into the story deeply enough that I don't even really notice what chapter I'm on. And with all these great reads out there, I don't have time to waste on a story that doesn't reach that level.

Now if you want to talk about non-fiction books and page-numbering, well, the situation is completely different!

Derek
For the record, some of the best novels out there have some less interesting parts that may or may not contribute to a big pay off later. Personally, if I only read books that I never got bored with, I would have missed out on a lot of GREAT novels.
Zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote