View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 06:29 PM   #26
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Arrow

I've found PDFRastafarian (the latest beta) to be the best convertor so far for PDF's. This program is simply amazing with what it does to the PDF's I have (many just weren't quite readable as they were and this made them fit perfect). I don't really care too much for the auto-margin option, as it hasn't worked as expected (had a few teeny-tiny books as a result; e.g., postage stamp size!).

I've also used lit2lrf-0.5 with pretty good success, though I don't care too much for the way it totally ermoves margins in the resultant lrf (I tend to like a little white space around the edges, as it's easier for me to follow the flow). Still a great product!

I'd like to try BBeBook, but I've yet to find a compiled version and don't want to fiddle with compiling it myself. I checked the Yahoo group and the compiled jar errored out, seemed to be missing a "main class manifest" and the other jar include didn't seem to do anything but open PDF's. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction to a step-by-step guide, if there is one. If not, perhaps someone could write on up?

These tools are excellent, hopefully more people will rate what their favorites are and what they like/dislike about them to help guide up n00bs.

Last edited by Azayzel; 01-18-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote