View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #39
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I've got two challenges for my reading in 2016 and I look for books early because being on a budget, I need to scope out sales and do a lot of searching through my library to see what is available.

What I need help with is suggestions for the following categories and yes I am aware that some are not really genres. As well, if you've got a genre I should try, tell me and I might make a substitution. Anyway, here are the genres and the book I've picked so far. Feel free to approve, criticize, mock, whatever.
historical fiction:
horror:
science fiction:
banned:
history:
science:
literary fiction:
short stories: Anything by Nancy Fulda
biography / memoir: Waiting for Wrigley - Paul Sullivan
fantasy: Frank Tuttle Markhat series (Dead Man's Rain good place to start)
magical realism:
dystopia:
chick-lit:
mystery: The Tell-tale Con by Gilchrist
romance: Crocodile on the Sandbank (Elizabeth Peters)
steampunk: All the Paths of Shadow - Frank Tuttle
humor:
folklore / mythology:
gothic: Barbara Michaels (any of them)
thriller:
crime:
zombies: Booster and Reeves
western:
travel / adventure:
space opera:
pulp fiction: No Game for a Dame (Maggie Sullivan is the main)

I reviewed most of these on the blog (but I use affiliate links so can't link to the reviews. However if you want more info just ask!)

I will think of a couple of others and fill them in. I can't think of the title of Matthew Iden's book. And I'm not sure if it's Matt or Matthew. Or if I have the last name correct...
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote