View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #12
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
This has actually got me curious... why keep them separate?
For the same reason I described in my original post. I want music to remember its now playing status, and audiobooks also to pick up where I left off without wiping the music playlist. If you use the built-in Music app, playing an audiobook wipes out your music playlist and vice-versa. And a lot of third-party apps (even several I tested that were specifically for audiobooks) will modify the device's universal now playing list. That's why I wanted to make sure before buying Audio Butler.

Even though I usually use the app "CarTunes" for music, when I would play an audiobook in the Music app, the next time I'd open CarTunes, my music playlist would be replaced with the audiobook.

Now with Audio Butler, the device now playing is kept separate and not touched when an audiobook is played from Audio Butler. I can still add the audiobooks to my device library and they won't play when I "shuffle all" because they are tagged as audiobooks.

I would think the Audible App would behave the same way, but my sister does not use it for playback--she didn't say why.

Thanks again for suggesting Audio Butler.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote