View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post

While waiting to download the Linux version after the end of the beta phase (?).
I expect it will get packaged it once its released. I may give it a try if I get the chance - all my development/testing is on Ubuntu 12.04. In the meantime try downloading the 32bit Windows version and running it in the latest Wine - it seems to work fine, though no guarantees. (This isn't the expected way to run it on Linux - the packages should be the main version when they arrive - but its good enough to let you test).

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post

In the meantime, I performed a quick style occurrence study, just for the fun of it:
Thanks - I see it pointed out a couple of classes I missed changing. Certainly a useful check, so hopefully I can get something like it in a future version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
- The bookview doesn't display my frontpage (probably because the image is embedded in SVG-tags - not valid xhtml, I admit, but afaik perfectly valid in an epub, and neither FlightCrew nor epub-checker protests against it.
That's because SVG doesn't display right in Book View at the moment.

Quote:

- Not sure I like the new Preview-View - it crowds my screen, and generally strikes me as "shooting sparrows with a canon" - much too much for the relatively simple html-coding needed in an epub.
Try moving the split bar - you can pretty much close it and not worry about the Inspector area. The inspector is a bit over the top for EPUB, but its built-in already and its useful to make test changes to styles to see the effect immediately.

Quote:

- Tried to generate an inline toc, the ran a FlightCrew validation, with result on toc.html:

"Element 'ol' is not allowed for content model '(li+)'
I pasted your code into Sigil and ran FlightCrew and it didn't show any issues. I generate and validate the TOC a few times and its not caused an issue. I wonder if there is some difference between platforms?

I may tweak the code a little bit to reduce the classes used. Unfortunately one of the original reasons for putting it in was to allow Kindlegen to use it. And it works - except that mobi doesn't support list styles so all the chapter names will get numbers in front of them... Since I don't want to recode just for the Kindle (the format of the TOC is close to EPUB3), the alternative is just to use calibre to convert and create the toc that way, or handle edit it to convert the list entries to paragraphs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Ohoh... I hope that Wolfie does not read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
1-Sigil 0.5.3 ravage the user_dict.txt in words with accent (spanish).
2-Now I know what the problem with user_dict.txt
I open Sigil 0.5.3: Edit, Preferences, and I close this window .... and voila! the user_dict.txt is now encoded UTF-8 without BOM.
Its still listed in the issue log as unfixed. It will get looked at eventually to see if anything can be done, though I recall something about using UTF-8 for portability reasons.