View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
BryanK
Connoisseur
BryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I think that is already happening. I am sure when I downloaded a book via the store on my Kobo Touch, that the next time I started the desktop application, that it downloaded the book. This is getting the kepub version.
Good to know, I must have missed that before (I think I've only directly downloaded a book once or twice).

@The Terminator & camiller: Yeah, I wouldn't expect the desktop to strip Adobe (or any other) DRM. I was thinking more of something like html->epub (good for wikis) or text->epub (take selected files and put them in the same "book").
As for making the Kobo desktop a generic library manager, I agree that there's little incentive. It would only be for the convenience of their customers, which is a hard business case to make these days. iTunes comes pretty close, but they don't have other vendors selling content using the same DRM scheme like Kobo does.
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote