View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #427
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
.../...

2. Much of the advice offered to Kobo on how to manage their firmware development is naive. Costs and resources impose severe constraints on what can be done. The top priority is to maintain the financial viability of the product line, not to satisfy users - and no, those things are often not directly related.../...
Somewhat, this reminds me of the very "logical" arguments used by publishers to explain why the ebooks costs cannot be lower. "Severe constraints"... you said. I did not realize that respecting an EPUB standard can be so expensive...

I may be wrong, but I think that there must not be a conflict between "user satisfaction" and "financial results". I would even say that this is what successful companies achieve. In the long run, it must pay. Thinking that one is the opposite of the other seems to be the sure sign of a very short sighted strategy.

Last edited by roger64; 05-17-2013 at 11:34 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote