View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #202
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Tor have been selling their Books DRM-free for nearly a year now, after previously selling them with DRM. So far they haven't noticed any difference.
Tor may not be representative of the general eBook market, but their experience is certainly more encouraging then if they had seen the opposite.

I also note that while some sources have altered their business model by doing stuff like raising prices, or stopping giving so much away for free, or gotten out of the business entirely, I'm not aware of any source who sold books without DRM, and then said "you know, this just isn't working...we're going to add DRM."
Places notable for selling books DRM free--O'Reilly, Smashwords, Baen, etc. -- are all still doing it.

I think on the whole that says something.

Last edited by ApK; 05-14-2013 at 08:09 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote