View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #29
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randeep View Post

Well if someone has made the eBook already and I download that, why is that any worse than if I created my own e-book? Are we suggesting that having to perform the labor of the media's creation legitimizes its ownership?
yes exactly. if someone else creates the digital version from the paper version and then starts giving away copies, its wrong. it violates the rights of the people who created the paper book in the first place.

Its your right to "format shift"( in some countries its illegal to do even that) for the purpose of archiving the work or for listening/watching/reading it in a way you could not in its original format. that means you do the work. you're asking to buy it once - hard cover- and saying you have a right then to any subsequent version they produce. ludicrous.

Why limit your self to getting just the digital version for free? maybe when you buy the paper version you should get the digital, audiobook and graphic novel versions free as well. and the digital version of the graphic novel.

maybe because you bought the VHS version of Bambi years ago you should get the BluRay version for free?

It is the right of the people who produce the work to offer a package like that. I bought a couple of CD compilations in the last couple years that also including links/codes to download the mp3 versions and some videos etc. I paid more than for the CDs alone set but less than I chose to buy the the CDs and MP3 versions seperately.