Thread: PRS-650 PRS-650 replacement battery
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #15
KNI
Connoisseur
KNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Sony PRS-650
I found the Sony PRS-650 Service Manual somewhere on the Internet and saved it. It shows how to change the battery - did not look too difficult. Problem is what battery to use? The manual quotes a Sony part number for the battery and I went to Sony's parts site and checked that out - not in stock but like US $55 for special order.

I figure when enough PRS-650's start experiencing battery failure some enterprising battery company will offer a replacement for a much more reasonable price and probably document the replacement procedure as well, as several companies have for the PRS-505.

BTW there is an elegant video on YouTube for replacing the battery in the PRS-505.

My PRS-650 has been working perfectly - but I do worry about battery failure, since replacement by Sony is around $100.

Cheers
KNI is offline   Reply With Quote