View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #48
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
Auto white-balance on cameras can screw photos up and over/under saturate, so a hasty photo can and will be wrong. I took a couple shots in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=89. It looks blueish, but the white balance is off quite a bit.

When at full blast, it does look a touch cool with indoor lighting. When low for night reading, it looks a bit on the warm side. It is a weird effect, probably due to the off-white background of the eInk. But the thing is that the Nook Glow I had stayed cool at any brightness. The background stayed pretty much "grey" at any brightness too. With the PW, the background itself seems to go from "grey" to "white" with the light on. It's just really hard to find words to describe the differences.
Thanks for the explanation. This would explain what I have seen with the KoboGlos as well. Photos and videos of Glos make them look very blue but the six model I saw didn't look anything like that. Granted this was in a store setting so the ambient lighting was high but I did cup my hands around the device and put my face up to my hands to get a better idea of what the reader would look like in low light.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote