View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #132
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post

My money is still on lingering pieces of older installs (registry, AppData) and/or Antivirus/spyware/firewall interference.
if it were AV/firewall, then the unregister+re-register solution would not work, surely ?
I've also thoroughly purged app data & registry in the past, using revo uninstaller

are any of your books .azw3 format?
my current theory, based on my free book "buying" is that it is only those in the new .azw3 format which go AWOL. If not that, then it is a timeout thing: new books arrive OK for x days / weeks after reregistering, then start getting lost again.

PS I never had any issues until the older K4PC versions stopped working & I was forced to update

If amazon did proper tech support, with ticket numbers etc, I'd keep on their case about this, but I'm fed up of explaining it from scratch to each new clueless rep.

can you try "the Donor" - the current #1 in free fiction bestsellers list - that is the last one which failed for me . It is a .AZW3 file
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote