View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Per the article: "I'll speculate even further: Movie tablet customers could be offered Amazon's existing Prime Instant Video service, which gives users unlimited movie downloads for $79 per month. That's a lot of money, but it pays for itself if you watch more than 20 movies per month.

If these movies are Blu-ray quality, and if Amazon improves its selection of TV shows, forget it -- $79 is a steal."

Aside from him thinking Amazon charges nearly a thousand dollars a year for Prime without pondering how obviously ridiculous that seems, he suggests that $80 per month would somehow be worth it if you watched 20 movies. You can have 3 DVDs out at a time for $19.99 at Netflix, easily enough to watch one per day given their turnaround time. And that's in addition to their streaming content.

"Also, it's likely that Amazon's Kindle-for-movies tablet will have an HDMI port so you can plug it into your big-screen, high-def TV -- and cancel your cable subscription.

Many consumers pay for both cable and Netflix. Amazon could replace both and improve the movie-watching experience."

You can already do this for Netflix with a Roku, laptop, HTPC, Xbox/PS3, or nearly every DVD and Bluray player now. And few people consider streaming movie service adequate to replace cable tv. I do, but I don't care about cable to begin with. That article is just..wow.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote