View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #9
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Lightbulb NOT 'broken' in ANY physical way. It...just...quit.

Dear Sir:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
....if you find yourself frequently breaking such devices.
I have not BROKEN any device; breakage, in my life as well as in my career is practically unheard of.

When a device of recent vintage simply ceases to perform it's stated function and becomes unusable thereby that is NOT breakage.
For me, the frequency of 'modern' vintage devices ceasing to function at an early date has been observed more and more.

I see the extended warranty idea as a simple way to put the load for cheaply made devices BACK into the corporate arena - and cite as an example that the Mentor I just bought is clearly made by an Asian concern for at least several different sellers who in fact actually make...nothing physical...maybe just the firmware for them and the designs for the packaging.

A device which costs a mere $99 should last more than a year IMO.
The JB (which was treated like gold, with great care...) which lasted just 53 weeks before simply quitting cost me almost $200, and should have lasted FAR more than that EVEN in daily use.

I agree that each person must decide for themself - and still it is my OPINION that for handheld devices an add-on warranty is a GOOD IDEA.

Peace out.

mark
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote