View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 01:15 AM   #6
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-650 Sony, Nook Simpletouch, more legacy gear than I can remember
A lot of chess diagrams are written in very specific chess fonts. A lot of these are available as freeware online.

Without being sure if this would work at all, I would try downloading many of the freely available fonts, loading or importing the PDF into (BookDesigner, Adobe, whatever you can...) and then see if you can change the fonts for the diagram. I'm VERY new to BookDesigner though, and still trying to get the hang of certain functions myself - I'm afraid I couldn't tell you how you might actually do that. (And it's been so long since I've worked with creating/converting chess diagrams that I can't tell you where you find the fonts anymore...) But at any rate, I'd think about seeing if you can get the file converted over into a more Reader-palatable format than PDF.

Last edited by LaughingVulcan; 03-27-2007 at 11:36 PM.
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote