View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #235
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by live666 View Post
update: yup, it works on T1. You will be needing around 18-19MB of free space in the internal memory to install the latest version. You will have around 6MB left once the app is installed...... :-| I might be going back to the old version..
Which apps did you safely disable?
I started with the minimal root zeam package and disabled the alternate keyboard, ebookdroid, Dropbox, and Colordict to get the latest Kindle app to install.

The latest Kindle version is 3.3.x. The apk is 9MB.
To get the app, I installed the Amazon app store, downloaded the Kindle app, went to the android\data\venezia folder where the appstore drops its apks and renamed it and moved it to downloads. I repeated the process to get the Audible app. Then I uninstalled the appstore.

It installs and runs, then, but I don't think it's worth it.
You get more 2 more font sizes, three line-spacing settings, and three margin settings. The home page shows three recently-opened books and a Nook-like ad strip below. The test book I opened was noticeably slower paging--not sure if because of the limited memory left over or if it is inherently slower.

I went back to Kindle 3.01 with an Apk of under 5MB.
With that one installed, I still had enough space for Nook 2.6.2 or Audible but not both.
(Update: switched to the older and somewhat smaller Nook 2.5. Still can't add much else.)
Would be nice to squeeze'em both in.

Hence my interest in seeing what else can be safely disabled.
Suggestions?

Last edited by fjtorres; 12-27-2011 at 07:46 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote