View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 11:23 PM   #44
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
I just noticed an issue with OPDS today. To set up:
  • Run Calibre's OPDS server
  • Add a book to the library
  • Download the book to Freda
  • Convert epub to epub in calibre (not sure if this step is important, but it does add an "original_epub" file to the library item, but that's not exposed through the OPDS).
  • Open the epub file in Sigil, edit, and save
  • Delete book from Freda
  • Attempt to re-download book from OPDS

I'd expect to get a copy of the updated book. Instead, I get what appears to be a cached copy of the original unedited book. Using a PC I can download the updated book from Calibre's web server, both by going through the HTML pages and by manually walking through the OPDS XML output. I can add Calibre's HTML web page to Freda and download the book that way, and I get the correctly updated book. But no matter what I do, I can't get the updated book through OPDS. I can restart the calibre server and still get the old copy of the book. Even after restarting the phone I still get the old copy of the book.

The only thing that did work was going to the Support tab and deleting temporary files (I wouldn't expect to have to do this manually). Of course doing that deleted the temporary files for all of my books, which isn't catastrophic but it does mean it'll take much longer after opening each book to recalculate page counts and such.

I'm using Freda-unfree, version 2.0, using an HTC HD7S running 7390 NoDo (because AT&T hates this phone and won't update it to Mango yet. Grrr). Although deleting temp files "works", this does seem like a bug to me as I would expect downloading from an OPDS would get the latest version of what's on the server and not some locally cached copy.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote