View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't hesitate to give a book 1-star... I use Goodreads.com, and on their system 1-star means "didn't like it". So I'll 1-star a book, but it doesn't mean I hated it.

In the past couple years, I've 1-starred a few books:
Hands Off My Belly: The Pregnant Woman's Survival Guide to Myths, Mothers, and Moods
Elantris (Brandon Sanderson)
Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2) (Robin Hobb)
Starbound (Joe Haldeman)
Rama II (Clarke)
Ender in Exile (Card)
The Road (McCarthy)

The only ones that really stick with me as "oh god, don't ever read (or attempt to read) this again" are:
The Road (boring, writing was not for me)
Elantris (oh, the writing was PAINFUL)
Starbound (rapid perspective changes with no explanation of whose view you were currently reading)
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote