View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 12:40 PM   #31
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Ea -- I agree with you on Rutherfurd. It did take him a while to get into his stride. He seemed to get it right, though, with *London*. I'm looking forward to his Irish books (didn't know they were available as ebooks, so thanks for that tip). He was so serious about this work that he actually went to live in Dublin for five years while he put in the research spadework.
Here: http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/a1...d-Rutherfurd/?

He was *telling* too much in the first books, it was a bit annoying - and I couldn't get through 'Russka'. Nothng happens. Then more nothing, and after that nothing happens again Too harsh probably, but it was boring.
'London' is the best, with 'The Forest' right after.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote