View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #192
wynand32
Enthusiast
wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
No, I've seen photos of a good one next to a bad one. It is not in our damn heads, it is the crappy lack of Chinese QC! There ARE bad and good units being shipped.
Okay, would love to see the comparison. I don't want to get stuck with a bad one either...

Incidentally, nothing surprises me at this point. I've went through the same sort of thing with many tablets and smartphones over the last couple of years, and each and every one has had distinct variation in screen quality. I went through four new iPads to get one without an ugly yellow tint, and seven (yes, 7!) Nexus 7 tablets to get one without dead pixels, yellow tint, and terrible contrast.

So, it wouldn't surprise me at all that not only are there good and bad screens, but there could very well be a pretty wide spectrum from perfect to really bad. Yours sounds really bad, mine sounds mostly okay but not perfect, and there might be a handful out there that actually have no problems.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking with it!
wynand32 is offline   Reply With Quote