Thread: PRS-T1 Just ordered a T1
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I finally caved and ordered a Sony T1. I had to resort to using an import service from a local online store since Sony doesn't have plans of bringing the T1 to South Africa.

Unfortunately they could only source the white version and I'll only be getting the reader by the end of January. In the end it worked out to $180 (including shipping/customs etc.) which is much cheaper than a Kindle Keyboard would have cost. Since I already have a large ePub library the T1 just made more sense.

I had tried to resist, myself. But I was getting increasingly antsy over not having one. For me the draws were both a touch and buttons, sometimes one is better than the other, so it's nice to have choices. Being able to have an account over wifi with my public library and just click download (I tried it for the first time today, what a thrill). Also, the T1 has the best library sorter ever. It takes whatever tags you put on them in Calibre, and any book series, and drops it in accordingly. After having had a Kobo (and Kobo Touch, both decent readers, but as yet no owner-dictated sorting capabilities) being able to have different bookshelves for different things really was like a "kid in a candy store" experience.

I had a bit of confusion at first for how to get it set up to be compatible with my library, but after I followed the steps in order it worked out. I have a growing library, and am always looking for freebies or library loans, and it seems to have a great amount of freedom in what I can do. I explored this device into the wee hours after I brought it home.

Best wishes, and hope it crosses the ocean soon!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote