View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #67
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Rwood. I would like to learn to do this. I just spent the last hour finding an online version in HTML and through copying and pasting, got the text into notepad, then I pasted that entire text into Word. Changed font size to 16 arial font type. justified the text, then saved it as a rtf file.

Do you think this will read on my reader?

I've got an excellent old copy of Progress I bought from the rare book room at Powells in P{ortland. Beautiful woodcut illustrations and Illustrated manuscript type pages. Cost me 50 bucks 20 years ago. I suspect its worth a little more now. I dont dare take that book and read it on my lunch break in my dirty old fedex truck!

Hmm. While I was typing this I looked at those links you posted Natch and I am downloading that book designer program and the update right now. Dial up so it will take an hour...

This book designer program looks like it might be just what I want. I gather that the rtf files arent as good as the Sony irf files?

I downloaded the Word file Harryt posted on how to use Book designer to make an IRF file. He should be a technical writer for software companies explaining to users how to use their program. Thats the best tutorial I've ever read and i have NO doubt I'll be able to use it to create the books I want! I enjoy the.. (I'll reveal a guilty pleasure brain candy addiction here...) Harry Potter series immensely and the fanfics. Especially the fanfics written by Barb (I dont know her last name) I will certainly use this tutorial and program to create her fanfics into useable Sony REader files! Maybe I will post them after I create them? Since they are internet fanfics there isnt any copyright issues... Are there?
(Sorry I know I'm a bit off topic here... )

Plus I'd like to use the Book DEsigner program to create a one year Bible with text uploaded from here... http://eword.gospelcom.net/year/49/njan01.htm

I realize it will take some time to copy and paste 365 pages of HTML into theis book designer program but it seems well worth it to me! I understand they still have a copyright on the NASB so I cant share my work here but Since you can download it to your computer why shouldnt you be able to create a Sony reader file with this?

I just checked with God. He said its ok...

Last edited by Roy White; 05-13-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote