View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 10:12 AM   #978
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0rdant View Post
I find the border cropping works fairly well on newer "digital" comics (though page numbers can cause issues) but it doesn't seem to work at all with older comics that were scanned. I wondering if there is a setting I can adjust or if I have to keep manually cropping the borders before processing with kcc. I sometimes read on a tablet with comic rack and it has no problems cropping the borders on these same scanned comics...
Often there are page numbers that refuse to be cropped and if you're too aggressive in the attempt, you end up cropping out more than you want. I would use a tool called JPEGCrops to visually crop out the page numbers so that KCC doesn't have to sweat over that. With the tool, I would drag a crop box that is just enough to crop out the page numbers and this will affect all pages simultaneously. if needed, I would adjust the crop box for individual pages. Then I let the crop run. Then process the images in KCC.
http://ekot.dk/programmer/JPEGCrops/
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote