View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #84
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
If it disappears that fast it would be a problem while driving because that means that if you get the message while you need to make a turn or change lanes your attention is already divided between right, left, straight ahead and 3 mirrors so you won't have a couple of seconds to spare a glance at your watch.

If the screen doesn't light up and it doesn't make a sound how would you be able to tell that you received a message?
Again, different people, I guess. Or maybe the timing should be configurable. I'm assuming a default of about 2 seconds-I have yet to see a curve that requires that long to transit. Multiple curves could be a problem. (If I were going down Lombard St in San Francisco I think I'd ignore any messages no matter how important they were.)

As for notification, it's on your wrist-why not vibrate? But then alarm watches don't generally do that which I've always thought dumb. IMO it's the most reliable & least disruptive way to notify the wearer of something.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote