View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 08:07 PM   #822
MrsKravitz
MrsKravitz began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Nexus
ETA: Thanks to all who read the original message. Meantime I've downloaded a reading app with an easily accessible settings menu, and when I have the chance, I will spend more time trying to figure out how to use Cool Reader.

I am trying to use CoolReader with the new Nexus 7. Can someone explain how I can summon the options menu (to change things like background dimming, size and type of font, etc.). Is there a consistent way to do this? I've tried tapping, pressing, swiping, flicking, holding the tap for a few seconds, swiping harder... nothing works. Once in a while the menu shows up, clearly as a result of some gesture I'm making, but I can't figure out what to do it to get it to come up in any consistent fashion. There are no little dots on the screen like in many other apps.

Somehow I remember this being easier to do on my old Nexus 7.

Many thanks for any guidance.

Last edited by MrsKravitz; 08-31-2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: ETA: Please disregard, and thanks for reading. I will try to find the answer through more research. Meantime I downloaded a different reader app with an easily accessible settings menu.
MrsKravitz is offline   Reply With Quote