View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 12:48 AM   #36
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Hi DrNefario;

I am a spanish-speaking and fortunately I could read Don Quixote in my native language, moreover, I re-read it THREE times Believe me, is a great book, a great story, a very funny story. But maybe I can understand you: the first six chapter are good but not very good. But with and after chapter seven ("Of the second sally of our whorty knight Don Quixote of La Mancha") the book becomes extraordinary. Of course, the first six chapters may seem too much but remember that the first tome has 52 chapters and the second tome 74 (so those 6 chapters are nothing). I don't know but perhaps in the english translation the book may lose something (in spanish is very funny the speech of Don Quixote). But my advice is: TRY AGAIN with this book

Regards
Rubén
If memory serves "Don Quixote:" is also the first modern novel. The first (known) novel of course is "The Tale of Genji" which was written by a woman of the Japanese court but "Don Quixote" is the first such novel in the west (to my knowledge).
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote