View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #152
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
With my reader mounted on /media/KOBOeReader, in
"/media/KOBOeReader/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf" there is an entry:

[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale=en_US

I changed en_US to en_NZ, powered my Glo off then back on, and now it displays the date in proper NZ format DD/MM/YY instead MM/DD/YY.

See post #120 for a list of English language locales available in firmware 2.4.0.
Thanks Geoff...

For the record, I found the file Kobo eReader.conf on my Mini directly under \.kobo\Kobo\ on my PC. So I am not sure about the reference to /media/KOBOeReader/...

However, once there, the change was straightforward and effective.

One comment though. Being an Aussie, my first inclination was to use en_AU for my locale. This changed the date as I wanted, but showed the time in 12-hour format with AM/PM. As I prefer the 24-hour format, I have changed the locale to en_GB, and the Mini is behaving nicely, with no apparent problems.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote