View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #44
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by markino View Post
We're not even necessarily just talking about those who use Calibre, either - I'm sure at some point someone has bought more than five books at once, from Kobo or elsewhere. What if I'm going on holiday and want to read a whole series? Or a user could quite easily take a clump of books off and put others on etc.

The thing isn't sold as only usable in lowest common denominator mode.
I wholeheartedly agree. Plenty of us Kobo users are Kobo users because we want to fiddle. We want the advanced font fine-tuning, we want to load our own fonts also, we want to use plugins, we want to use SD cards, we're power readers and power users - and this is why we're avoiding the lowest-common-denominator market-leader Amazon products in the first place.

This sort of thing might be what Advanced menus are for, if a reasonable compromise can't be found. Plug-n-play one-book-at-a-time readers can avoid Advanced menus, and the rest of us can use them for the finer control we're looking for.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote