View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #12
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
If I recall correctly, the Kobo Touch is one of the few ereaders that will download an ebook directly to the device from sites such as gutenburg.org or feedbooks.com. However if you do download the ebook directly, the file will be installed on the device and the filename will be a combination of alphanumeric characters that won't make human sense. No adverse effects on actually using the book.

That is why I access these books via my laptop so that I can change the file name back to what it should be after the file is downloaded from the web site via ADE. Then I transfer the e-books over to whatever e-reader I am using.

Gutenburge usually provides an alphanumeric name. I keep the website up and do a copy/paste of the title as p12345 means nothing until you open the file. Same thing with Kobo books.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote