View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I believe that ADE allows registering 12 PC devices and 12 mobile devices after that you will have to contact Adobe to have the count reset. (or it may be 6 pc's and 6 mobile devices for a count of 12)

If you unregister a device the count is NOT returned to your allowable quota. I found this out when I went through PC hard drive upgrades and ended up using all my allowable count. The Adobe tech support stated that unregistering a device does affect your quota.

That said it could be feasible to share the ADE account as appose to the Kobo account because it is usually not tide into the purchasing method.

So go to your KOBO website on a PC - sign in - go to your purchase history and download the epub version of the desired books you may have to action then one at a time to add them to your ADE library.

Then when the family comes over - authorize their reader and transfer the books to their device.

The only draw back is that oeveryone has to use the same ADE account. If the others want to do their own downloads from other web sites they will need to know the ADE email and password to set up their own web accounts at various ebook sites. Paymant method will not be tied to the original ADE account holder as this is just providing the encryption for the e-books.

It should work.

John

Last edited by jlg432; 11-09-2012 at 12:27 PM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote