View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 03:56 AM   #11
dzari
dzari began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 1, Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleChickie View Post
I have a DXG and do not notice it being slower than other readers. I subscribe to 4 newspapers, several blogs, and take a lot of notes. I have no problems on my DXG.

On the other hand, I found the kindle touch way to annoying and returned it. It kept jumping chapters on me when I tried to turn a single page.

Edit: let me add the only disappointment in my DXG is with audiobooks. Having no wifi limits me.
Finally I made my mind: yesterday I ordered a brand new Kindle DX Graphite.

After infinite checks I decide that speed it's not a problem, from videos I can notice the difference with Touch but considering I want to read more and not flicker trough pages I appreciate the big picture of a bigger screen instead infinite small pages to turn.
PDF support appear also to be not so good in Touch, so again bigger screen will be a plus.
My only concern it's about point and translate since I need to scroll the doc using the mini joystick to point the single word, but hopefully will be not so slow.
No problem for me to be without wifi since I will transfer my files using PC. I listen audiobooks only with my iPod driving on highway so either this is not a problem.

I will receive it next Thursday at latest, really want to try it!

Last edited by dzari; 08-24-2012 at 03:58 AM.
dzari is offline   Reply With Quote