View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #43
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I've only been to B&N a couple of times in the last year. A few years back it was at least a weekly visit. Their selection has gone horribly downhill.
Amazon now fulfills my book needs.
Agreed. The Chapters here is sad. The Children's book section is pretty decent and the fiction section is passable at times, but there's so much floorspace devoted to about seven titles. Last time I was there they had an entire thirty and thirty foot wall devoted to The Hunger Games. The thing that really kills it for me is that I like browsing for books in a physical store, but even when I find something in the modest selection in the Chapters now I can't fathom paying a 60% markup to buy it there. I'll take it online and buy for $12 what they charge $20 for in the store.

I love physical stores for cooking and childrens' books. Otherwise I search on-line now.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote