View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #12
kilohertz53
Zealot
kilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-350, Augen "The Book"
These are just my current faves, subject to change at any time...

When I'm in the mood for a good suspenseful thriller, I turn to "John Case" (actually the husband and wife team of Jim and Carolyn Hougan), Thomas Perry, or Christopher Reich.

(BTW, there's a promotional sweepstakes for Mr. Reich's new novel "Rules of Deception" at http://www.christopherreich.com. You could win a GPS, a Sony Reader, or an Apple iPod Touch. Decent prizes for a few moments of your time.)

For a good laugh, I go with Christopher Buckley for political satire, Carl Haissen for his novels and characters set in the madhouse that is South Florida, and Christopher Moore, whose stuff is just weird. Essays by David Sedaris also crack me up.

But my favorite writer of all time is probably Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. I don't really know how to neatly sum him up in a sentence or two, and I'm not even going to try.
kilohertz53 is offline   Reply With Quote