View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Robert Heinlein, Andre Norton, Louis L'Amour, Jean Auel

Good entertaining storytellers, but three of the four are gone. Modern day writers;

David Weber, Elizabeth Moon, Lisanne Norman, Wen Spencer

Since Ray Bradbury has been mentioned twice, I have to tell about a SF club when I was in college. It was made up about half & half with technical types and liberal arts types. With only one exception in each group, the techies hates Bradbury & the liberals loved him. I leave it to you to determine which type I am. One hint, I was not one of the exceptions.

All except Jean Auel (maybe) and Louis L'Amour are SF writers mainly. Norton (maybe 50%) & Spencer (some) get into Fantasy. Auel writes "Prehistory" fiction.

It would seem that I prefer female writers. Note that Weber often has a female protagonist. Maybe they are more often good at telling stories that are entertaining.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote