Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #45
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
The books ARE better, though the series is great. Be advised though, the Series follows book one pretty closely, but now that we are in Season 2, we can see the book and TV series starting to diverge a bit though the major elements remain constant. I think that's necessary in that 1) the youngest actors are starting to outgrow their roles and 2) The payroll required to follow the books exactly would be enormous.

We are seeing the usual consolidation of characters, time consolidation, etc. And the need to remain logically consistent with these changes will HAVE to affect the story line of the TV series a bit.

I can see where after 3 seasons, the TV show will need to move on or come to a conclusion while Martin's level of productivity will have only advanced the book story line a few months. The diverging needs of the two productions will cause problems for those who feel a need to keep the two story lines in synch.
'But fans of the shows (and books) should not presume that certain seasons will deal with certain books, Weiss said. He said the plan that he and Benioff have involves taking on sections of the overall saga that make sense in 10-episode installments.

"We've always said that we see the show as an adaptation of George's series, not this book or that book," Weiss explained. "It's definitely true that 'A Storm of Swords' is too big to even come close to fitting in one season. We've done some shuffling around of things -- as an example, there were some things from Book 2 that ended up in Season 1, and there are probably going to be some things in Book 2 that didn't make it into Season 2 or maybe won't show up later. Book 3 is definitely too much for a 10-episode season, so we're taking the long view of the series of the whole, and trying to do as much justice as possible to George's overall epic story and be as true to the spirit as we can, while keeping it an exciting and viable and vivid as a television show that stands on its own two legs."

As I said in my conversation with Weiss, it sounds as though the way to look at upcoming season (hopefully seasons) of the show are as portions of the overall saga, not sections of particular books.'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1416386.html
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote