View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 06:53 AM   #1
thorswitch
Clueless (but nice!) Newb
thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Sony's Premium Leather case v. M-edge 505 Case

I'm looking at possibly replacing the case on my Reader. The one it came with - a brown vinyl "James Patterson 'signature' edition" with a really blah gray interior - is fine for me on a *functional* level, but it's just kinda ugly. I don't need anything super tough - I'm homebound and disabled, so the Reader never leaves my bedside table. (I got it because my "dead tree" collection has already taken over our guest room and was threatening to start working on the bedroom next - you could say it was a purchase made in the interests if self-defense )

ANYway, have any of you tried either the Premium Leather case from the SonyStyle store or the Executive Jacket from M-edge?

The Sony is $40, while the M-edge is $27. The Sony is genuine leather, but doesn't indicate if it's padded at all or not, the M-edge is most likely vinyl (it doesn't say that on the page that I could find, but it doesn't say what it IS made out of, either, and if it looks like leather but they don't tell you what it's made of, I've found it's usually vinyl,) and is described as padded, but it has a nice closure on the front.

What I'm looking for, I guess, is just how well either of these have performed for people? Does the Sony give adequate protection for basic usage? Does the M-edge hold up well? What have y'all found to be the most important features in a case?

Thanks a bunch!!

Kriselda
thorswitch is offline   Reply With Quote