View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Sorry to be so clueless but have never been able to figure this out.
No matter how much I click up or down the page, the cursor NEVER lands in the address bar. Is there a trick to this?
I would like to enter the server address of my Calibre server into the browser.
Thanks in advance.
I haven't been able to figure that out either.
But, it was not my device and I had other priorities - like setting up FBReader180 and Coolreader and other things for new owner.
Then I had to hand over the device[s] so it could end up under the Christmas tree.

I guess that the main priority for developers was development of browser for people with the touch-enabled devices. They might have overlooked "little" detail - that you need to write URL on non-touch devices as well.
All versions of firmware share the same code-base - this is the only way to develop the firmware effectively and now that 602 non-touch models have been discontinued there is not that much reason do develop for keyboard-only usecases.

Another annoying detail that I have noticed that in new models the on-screen keyboard works differently than on "good old" PB360 and 301. On the old devices the keyboard is divided to 5 areas, each area with a few letters. In the first step you choose area of the text by pressing up, down, left, right or OK to select the area and then you move the cursor (maximum 2 steps for letters) and press OK. This way, writing on the on-screen keyboard is substantially faster.

Back to your Calibre-server question
I guess you can set homepage somewhere in configuration file on device.
There might be another browser available - have a look. Sometimes apps marked as "for pro models" work also on PB360+
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119973
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote