View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 05:28 AM   #174
JustMike
JustMike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@JustMike - glad it worked for you. As an ignoramus who only speaks one language I'm afraid my knowledge of what would be required to natively support this is rather lacking (as is my motivation from personal need admittedly).

If chaley or similar spots this (he may recall the plugin logic well) he may have a suggestion. Off the top of my head there would need to be a new checkbox option controlling language specific matching, then based on that setting appending the language to the hashes that are computed for the titles/author comparisons?
Unfortunatelly I hardly know Python to suggest anything or to implement this option by myself. IMHO there is no need to add any checkbox (That is we always consider a language(s) of books). As far as I could guess it would be suffice to correct the class TitleAuthorAlgorithm(AlgorithmBase), procedure find_candidate(self, book_id, candidates_map) so as to take into account language(s)of a book. But I don't know how to seach languages (guess something like for language in languages ).
Anyhow thank you very much for the plugin.
JustMike is offline   Reply With Quote