View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #167
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Kovid/Krittika - Thanks, I'll make the visibility change suggested.

Thanks for the blog article, no errors I spotted. My only suggestion was that you mention about what a user should do once they have found duplicates (i.e. the merging options in calibre) but perhaps you had that planned for a follow up post.

Was thinking whether there was anything else to add to this plugin to add to a release and briefly pondered the multiple database duplicate finding. However I can't see that as being anything other than a major change I don't have the stomach/time for right now. It isn't so much the connecting to a database to find the duplicates as where I see the issue - it is what you actually *do* with them when found. You won't be able to display them in the main library grid for all the standard grouping/merging operations. The only thing I could do is produce some sort of static report, that people can copy to their clipboard or save to file.

Whether that is useful enough to justify the effort is another question of course, I'll leave it as a wishlist item for now...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote