View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #15
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi View Post
I have a Samsung Galaxy Fascinate. I bought it in September of last year, we were promised 2.2 by November, we finally got it in April. The Fascinate has GPS issues that were suppose to be fixed by Samsung. I have to turn mine own 15 minutes before I leave the house in hopes it get a GPS connection before I go. One time it didn't connection until I was already there lol.

Samsung is terrible about updating. I doubt I will ever go beyond 2.2 unless I do it myself. They rather put out new phones and forget the old ones. Verizon won't help me on GPS because they want me to pay them 10 dollars for their service.

Fascinate has an awesome screen. But my next Android will probably be HTC..
There was a study done a few months back on what vendors/carriers provided the best ongoing support.

HTC/Motorola (the DROIDS) and Verizon provided the best supported devices. So far that is proven to be true even after the study.

I hear you I had a hard time with that GPS issues since Maps and Gas Buddy are my number one apps. I eventually had to update the ROM which fixed those problem and a lot more stability issues.

I also want to stay away from Samsung but their hardware is so good. The flip side is the community support is excellent for their hardware it makes it easy to forget Samsung doesn't support their products since work arounds are easily found.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote