View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:26 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think I've decided that I'd be better off sticking with my iPhone. My primary uses for the device are playing music and browsing the web. I make heavy use of the iPhone in my car, while travelling, and my car has a built-in iPod interface, and I manage all my music with iTunes. I don't really want to lose that, so I think it would be counter-productive for me to switch from the iPhone to an Android device.
There's an old adage "We like what we know" I don't expect you to switch, since you seem to be rooted in the iDevices. But...

Have fun with it. I don't know if the UK has the same laws here in Californa(USA) but cell phone providers must give users 30 days before a contract becomes permanent. This gives the user 30 days to try a new device without any obligations.

Android should still fill all your needs there are products like "Doubletwist Sync" that wirelessly sync your iTune music to your Android phone (unless things have changed I don't think you can do this with the iPhone yet).

Web browsing will be better on Android since it is a dual core 4G, 4.3" inch Super AMOLED Plus screen. Browser support is excellent and you have flash.

The only issue will be your car that has a built in adapter for the iPhone. Chances are this is a high end radio and should have support for Bluetooth. The G SII has Bluetooth stack 3.0 and can not only route media to a bluetooth hub but also voice calls. My stereo is not high end so I use a FM transmitter that connects to my 3.5 headphone jack. While commuting I"m listing to music and answer my call this way.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote