View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #15
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I applaud the spirit of your post. I'm guilty of being negative at times, but I think you have to look at the larger picture.

In my case, it is a Love/Hate kind of thing. I voted with my wallet AGAIN, and bought aother Kobo product, new and at full retail this time around, despite problems, bugs, etc. that had been aired. I think that says a lot for Kobo inspiring me to chose their device because of what they've done right, despite things they may not have yet cleaned up.

If I give the impression that I'm too hard on them, I apologize, but I am so happy with the great parts of their design both hardware and software, and even in terms of simple styling right down to the black slider on the new Glo that I NEED to call them on the carpet where they can do better. Too many today subscribe to the notion that everyone is a winner, and "doing your best" is enough, blah, blah, blah. It's not, and I want to see Kobo get the rest of it right because they have great innovative features like adjustable stroke width fonts, the best, most evenly lit front lit high resolution display I could find, shelves which can be organized and filled from an external database like Calibre, etc. I so badly want to see them make the fixes that will take them from an innovative, but flawed status, to a full on polished juggernaut from a company that really does seem to wish to innovate and add value. I am so pleased to see them doing more than their competitors, even if some efforts require polishing. How cool is it to buy something that may be flawed, but at least see them innovating upon and adding features?

That said, negativity for the sake of negativity is a bad thing, negativity in the form of fair criticism is not a bad thing. It keeps us honest and most importantly aspiring to be better. If we merely gushed about the good we at worst would be fools, and at best, hypocrites.

Written by one highly self critical SOB.(You have no idea)

Last edited by TechniSol; 01-14-2013 at 01:05 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote