Thread: Touch Why I Gave Up On 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #4
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Personally, I hope that Rakuten HQ takes firmware development out of Kobos hands and puts a whole new development team in place.
I lost my faith in Kobo's firmware update for every bug they fix you'll get two other bugs in return.
And it seems they don't listen (enough?) to user feed back or feature (improvement) request.
Sure, they don't have to implement every feature request. But some request are so fundamental or basic to e-readers there is almost no reason not to implement them in any possible way.
There are numerous basic features available on old ereader (2010 and older) devices that are missing on the KT (and Glo) while those devices also run on the same OS.

We (users) need a clear roadmap on firmware development so we can better judge and measure de progress of Kobo's firmware development.

Last edited by Anak; 12-22-2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: @John F
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote